Sunday, May 31, 2009

May is all but gone, Welcome June

May is so close to over, I'm not sure I'll have time to write and post anything still in this month.  But let's see what I can do in 25 minutes.

Thursday, 28th, I took Pamela Goodfellow, my writing teacher, to frespa and for pedicures.  I went all out with blue polish and white daisy flowers with a yellow rhinestone center on my big toenails.  Pamela chose purple, which went on somewhat browner, but flowers lightened her toes, too.

We chose Thursday so we'd feel fun and frivolous at our class outing in Forest Lake with the rest of the class.  And we did.

Louise and Larry have a beautiful cabin, on a large lot where nature reigns and loving care enhances.  Just a couple of months ago, Larry finished and installed eight magnificent stained glass windows he designed and constructed, with pines, water, sky and mountains.  Most impressive, and fit right in with the rest of the decor.  

We finished our last class of this section, had a great time with critiquing, and ate like royalty--better than some.

Louise and I are writing our memoirs, and all the class were delighted to meet Larry, especially after hearing so much of his antics in previous classes.  He outdid our expectations.

Two more minutes to go to make this a May blog.  I'm a slow writer.  Let it suffice to say life is still wonderful, rewarding, and I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings.  It's usually some dumb thing I manage to do, but it's always interesting.  I like this growing old.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Anna! I need a pedicure! :-)
    Oh...and here's a tip, you can change the day and time of your blog post. (seems like cheating eh?)Just scroll down below the body of the post and there is a button where you can change the date and time.
    Or you can race to beat the clock.
    Glad you had a great time!
    I need to follow suit.
    ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Krista. I think I managed that trick once, but this time the clock didn't matter, except to me. I will probably use your advice again, if I can remember where the little button is.

    And, yes, we did have a great time.

    ReplyDelete